Accounts Payable Clerk
Plaintiff personal injury law firm that has been serving Florida for over 19 years located in downtown Tampa is seeking an accounts payable clerk to join the firm’s Administration team, and work closely with the Administrator, Managing Partner, and President. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Accounts Payable & Receivable for Law Firm.
- Entering Firm and Client Costs into Accounting Software.
- Adhering to Firm's Guidelines and Principles.
- Relationship Building with Firm Vendors.
- Update and Create Reports for Meetings.
- Preparing Daily Operating and Trust Deposits.
- Reviewing and Auditing all Firm Invoices and Administration Mail.
- Paying Vendors by Reviewing Payable Listing Reports, and:
- Preparing accounts payable checks,
- Resolving payment discrepancy,
- Documenting and maintaining accounting ledgers,
- Verifying and Posting Account Transactions.
- Reviewing and Analyzing Firm Contracts.
- Administrative Filing.
- Perform Basic Office Tasks, including answering phones, responding to emails, processing mail, filing, etc.
- Maintaining Administrative Guidelines and Procedures
The right candidate must be able to work within a team environment and be detailed oriented. The firm seeks individuals who are positive, hardworking, and results driven. In addition, we request that candidates possess the following skills/qualifications:
- Time Management & Organizational Skills.
- Ability to Multi-task.
- Ability to Follow Guidelines and Have the Confidence to Recommend Improvements.
- Strong Oral and Written Communication Skills.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point, and Outlook.
- Ability to Maintain Confidentiality.
- Meet Required Deadlines.
- Conducts Oneself with Professionalism and Integrity.
- Accounting knowledge is a plus though not required.
Other duties as assigned by Administrator, Managing Partner, and President. Hourly pay rate commensurate with experience. Full time Position Monday – Friday, 9:00 am – 6:00 pm.
To apply, please submit a resume and cover letter addressed to Matthew Jacobs and Tanya Caldwell at Team-Recruiting-Staff@JohnBales.com.
Job Status: Full Time